Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

yoga + meditation

I have been practicing yoga since I was about 17. It has helped me through so many different phases of my life. It was my way of finding myself, my inner peace. I have never really used it as a workout! I started out just stretching, before bed & random throughout the day. Then I started lighting candles & meditating at night. At first, I laughed at myself - sitting there in silence, saying "om" but it didn't take me long to realize how beneficial it was. Everything got silent, & I started teaching myself to shut out the world. Of course, I'm not master at meditation - but I've gotten better & better over the years!

I didn't realize how important yoga & meditation was to me until I had Hudson! My body was so different! My balance was off, my legs weren't flexible, & I could barely do a solid twenty minutes of stretching. But I kept at it! Even when Hudson was brand new- I would get him to sleep, then do my yoga poses in the dark, just to help myself wind down. There has been so many times that I've just wanted to go to bed or sit down & eat cookies - but I remind myself how much better I feel after. Even if it's just meditating for a few minutes! I need it. I have to calm my body & mind. 

Now that it's a new year & I'm feeling back to my old self, I want to become a more advanced yogi. I have already been practicing every day & hope to attend some classes when Shawn has a day off to watch Hudson! I have never actually taken a class. So I know I'm in for an amazing experience! I bet I have a lot more to improve on than I even realize! I will start posting photos of my progress.i can't wait to see how much better I will get by the end of the year!