Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

one year

Embrace it. Every single moment. As much as I believe in embracing every single moment, I feel like this past year has still flown before my eyes. I wish I could remember every single second, every feeling, every newborn cry, every call to my mom, every late night, literally- every moment. I have been so overwhelmed with happiness & emotions. I was made for this. I have no doubt in my mind that motherhood is my calling. He has changed me for the better, & he continues to do so, every day. Some days I feel like I can't keep up, I'm not doing enough, not pushing my workouts hard enough, or not reading him enough books, but I have to remind myself that he loves me, no matter what. The older he gets, the more love he shows me. I completely melt when he gives me loves. He lays his head on my chest, wraps his arms around me & looks into my eyes, giving me the sweetest grin I've ever seen. This. This is what I was made for. No moment has ever added up to be as great as being his mama. I feel like we are the only people in the world when that little boy has his arms wrapped around me. As cheesy as it sounds, it's the truth. I love this life. Being his mom. Spending every second with him. Making memories. This year was amazing, & I'm excited to see what the next one brings. I love you, Hudson Jase.